Friday, October 4, 2013

Day Four: Now you see me

This week, on my campus, we have had a theme of self-image. My favorite part was on Wednesday when a group of people put sticky notes with encouraging sayings on them all over the school, and then big posters on the bathroom mirrors encouraging people to love the way that they are. This really hit home for me. As some of you may remember from an earlier blog, Mirror, mirror on the wall, I'm too skinny, I'm too tall, I touched on this subject then. It is so crazy to see how people view themselves. Do not get me wrong, I struggle just as much as the next guy. But the message that I am trying to convey is that we should not struggle, because God has a reason for giving you everything in life. You probably see your flaws as a bigger deal than everyone else does, but they are like the rocks in the sand. You can choose to let your flaws and problems consume you, or you can show people that you are not going to let those flaws dictate who you are.
In all reality, though, it is all in how you look at yourself. But remember, how you see yourself is not how God sees you. You can be your own harshest critic. God sees you as perfect. We are all perfect in God's eyes. So stop worrying so much about the way you look to others, because the only opinion that matters is God's, and He created us in His own image. How awesome is that?? We have such a loving God! So, I hope you all walk around today with a better, more upbeat attitude and way of carrying yourself, because you are all beautiful people, no matter the shape or size or what society says. God created us and loves us the way that we are. He would not have it any other way, and you know what? Neither would I!
God's blessings on your weekend, everyone. I hope joy finds you on this wonderful weekend. It sure will find me! I am getting some visitors from Texas tonight :). I'll report back tomorrow!

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-- by grace you have been saved--.... For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus" Ephesians 2: 4-5, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment