Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day twenty-three: For Good

Okay, get ready for another "musical" post today, if you will. What can I say? Music inspires me, and in light on the situation last week, one song in particular popped out at me today. I don't know how many of you have heard of the musical Wicked, but it is my favorite musical. And one of the best songs in it is "For Good", sung by Elphaba and Glinda. The song starts with "I've heard it said that people come into your life for a reason, bringing something we must learn." Every time I hear it I think of all of the people I have come into contact with in my life, especially those that stayed quite a while. As some of you know, last week a dear friend of mine decided that she did not want me in her life anymore. At that moment, and for a while afterward, it hurt to hear that, and to let go. But in looking back on it, everyone brings something to a friendship, even if they think they don't. There are some things I would have never experienced, had I never met her, both good and bad, but experiences none the less. And though it is tough to let go of someone, sometimes you have to realize the good that came out of the friendship and then accept that some things are not meant to stay.
Look at me, writing as if, for some crazy reason, she might be reading this and change her mind; that she might see this and have some sort of emotional response. But, the truth is, some people are just incapable of that. And it hurts the people around them, and they will never realize it. So take notice of the relationships around you, the lives you've touched. Think about what you have brought to them, both good and bad. We can help write someone else's life by being their friend. That is, God puts us in their lives as part of his plan so that we can help them. So, in the end, I lost a friendship, that is a sad fact that I cannot change, but what I can change or pay closer attention to is my other friendships and relationships. Change someone else's life for good. Bring the joy to their life, while finding it in yours. God Bless!

"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13




No comments:

Post a Comment