Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day twenty-two: you can't step in the same river twice

I hope I have some Pocahontas fans out there. Even though the Disney version does not tell the real story, the concept I am going off of still applies. You really cannot step in the same river twice, the water is always changing, always flowing. But sometimes people can't live like that, we all must pay a price, and when we are safe we don't get to know what's around the river bend. Okay, I'm done paraphrasing the song now. Pretty good, though, right? But really, how are we supposed to discover new things if we step into a river and just stay there. Staying in our own little corner our entire lives is not going to be good for anyone.  So, branch out, step in and out of the "oceans" or "rivers" of life and discover what each one has to offer. You may find disappointment, you may find heartache; on the other hand you may find love and happiness. But if you stay in one river for the rest of your life the water starts to get warm and the sand will start to feel uncomfortable. Even though it goes against my Lutheran characteristics, I believe that some change is good.

 To be honest, I wasn't really sure where I was going to go with this. I just had the song stuck in my head so I went with it. Moral of the story, try out new things, push yourself to get out there and meet new people, or try something different. Step in all different rivers, splash around a bit, if you want! Who knows, maybe that little change is what you needed to find the Joy in life. Have faith that God will always use that change and make it good.

"By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going." Hebrews 11:8




No comments:

Post a Comment