Monday, October 21, 2013

Day nineteen: Going to the chapel and they got married

I got up on Saturday morning and, after spending breakfast and some more time with the family I was staying with in St. Louis, I packed my things and headed over to a small town in Illinois, about a two hour drive, for my second cousin's wedding. They are basically like first cousins, we are all so close! It was a blast! Anyone who knows me knows how much I love weddings, but when it is a Giertz family wedding, it makes it twenty times better. No offense to my siblings and my parents, but it was nice being just me there; I didn't have to share the time spent with everyone with someone else. But really, one of my favorite parts is the ceremony. It is so great to see a wonderful couple so happy and in love, promising to spend the rest of their lives together in the good times and the bad times. It is said that; marriage is like a fine wine, if tended properly, it just gets better with age. Treat it with care, and grow the love that started it all. Of course I am going to put the typical love verse for today, but it is one of my favorite verses, and it covers everything so well. It is definitely something to remember. But also remember how Christ loves His bride, the church. Husbands are to love and care for their wives as Christ does the church. Remember all of this and your love can never die. Not that I am speaking from experience, but I do know that marriage comes with many trials. It is important to remember you are going through them with someone else and you are there to help them through these tough times, as they are there to help you. So to those of you who are married, I hope you remember all of this and love your spouse unconditionally, in the good times and the bad. And to everyone, even those not married, love is not just in marriage, but in life and with those you are close to. Love one another, as Christ loves us. God bless!

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrongdoings, but rejoices with the truth; Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."   1 Corinthians 13:4-8


The happy couple and me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment