Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day Fifteen: GOAL!

There is cause to celebrate! Today, I have made it half way through the month with this whirlwind of 31 days of 'Joye', This is my 50th post ever, AND I am done with my midterms for this semester! It was a crazy day of my hardest exams, but now I am finally done and it feels great! Also, we talked about the story of Ruth in chapel this morning, which is my favorite bible story. Probably because it has a little love story in it :). And we sang a beautiful hymn that was just so comforting. I put some of the lyrics down at the bottom. As well all know, things have not been going so well this past week. My friend says that the devil is really harping down on me because I am trying to find the joy and put it out there for everyone else to see. She may be right! Things happen, life happens, and we really just have to learn to take it one day at a time. And hey, if you keep pushing through you can make it to your goals. For me, I am amazed that I made it half way through this month writing every day, and with some actual semi-deep thought in them. Also, I think we can all tell by looking at my posts before this month, I did not think I would make it to 50 posts for at least another year or so. And honestly, last night, I did not think I was going to make it through those last midterms, but they turned out to be not as bad as I thought. And in all those things, God was helping me through. Through everything, God is watching over us, guiding us, and pushing the devil further and further away. Isn't that such a great thing to know? It jut goes to show, the devil can try over and over again, but in the end God wins.
On that note, It is time to get to bed, God bless!

2 When life's troubles rise to meet me,
Though their weight
May be great,
They will not defeat me.
God, my loving Savior, sends them;
He who knows
All my woes
Knows how best to end them.
3 God gives me my days of gladness,
And I will
Trust Him still
When He send me sadness.
God is good;
His love attends me
Day by day,
Come what may,
Guides me and defends me.
" Lutheran Service book 756
Text: Paul Gerhardt

No comments:

Post a Comment