Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day sixteen: Thankful even in the dark

When someone turns the lights out, you are usually caught off guard, but then your eyes adjust and you start to see a little more in the darkness. Sometimes, God "turns the lights off" on us. He may shut one door, only to open up a window, something new. He obviously knows what He is doing. Sometimes we get so caught up praying for God to help us out of the tough situations that once He actually does help us we forget to say thank you. I know that I am definitely guilty of it. Everything starts to go right and we totally forget about who put it that way. This week, I have been praying that God gets us all through it and to fall break safely with our minds in one piece, and now that we are finally here I kind of forgot about saying thank you. Obviously it is never too late, but I encourage you to just take a minute and think of all the things that God has given to you that may have caught you off guard at first, or that you looked over once you got it, and thank Him for it. I, for one, am very thankful that fall break is finally here and I get to see some great friends and family this weekend. And who got me here? Exactly. God bless!

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!" Psalm 30:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment