Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day twenty- nine: Ten minutes ago I met you

Don't worry, guys, I'm not in love or anything, but today in my voice lesson I sang quite a few love songs from musicals so it got me thinking. My favorite one was the song "Ten Minutes Ago" from Rodger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella. Seriously, the song is about how in love they are after meeting for 10 minutes. Ten. Minutes. People, is this even real?! No, of course not, it's a fairy tale! But I just find it hilarious how "in love" they are in this like hour that they meet, and then he does not recognize her after the ball simply because she's dressed differently and has her hair down. Really? It's crazy. I mean, I am all for love, but if you really love her you would know her on a deeper level and you would know her when you saw her in a crowd. You've got to love fairy tale logic, though. It's funny the lessons you can learn from fairy tales, like what NOT to do (guys especially). Like Prince Derek in "The Swan Princess" says he loves Odette because she's beautiful, and when she asks him "what else?" he says "Is there anything else?"  Seriously boys, please do not ever do that! Love is a strong word, and it should not be thrown around lightly. There is my little spiel on love. Don't worry though, you'll be sure to know when that happens! It'll be a few years, I'm sure. God bless!

"So Jacob served seven years for Rachel, and they seemed to him but a few days because of the love he had for her." Genesis 29:20

No comments:

Post a Comment