Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day twenty-one: Jump back in

I don't know how it is for any of you when you come back from a break or a long time away from school or work, but it is not usually easy getting back in to the swing of things. Monday's are rough days, anyway, but this one was especially bad because I was still on a kick from this weekend. I loved being away from campus, away from all of the people (even my roommates), away from the drama. Imagine that, a teenage girl with drama, who would have thought? But, really, it was nice to have new surroundings, old familiar surrounding really, but new at the time. And just when I was starting to get used to them they were snatched away by the crook of school starting again on Monday. I would have given anything just to stay another day, have another minute or two with everyone. But, those kinds of things do not last, and eventually reality pulls you back. Jumping back in to routine can be tough, and it has been this week, but everyone goes through it, and more importantly, gets through it. I'm not going to lie, The thought of dropping out of school and just moving to St. Louis has crossed my mind more than a few times since I've been back. What keeps me going is knowing that I will get back to it, and that I got the opportunities that I did. God's funny that way, sometimes he'll just give you a little taste of something so that maybe you'll work and push yourself harder to get back to it. Pretty great motivational speaker, if you ask me. So if you are having a tough time jumping back in this week, or any time, just remember that God is putting you where you belong and you have purpose back where you are. But also remember that he gave you those experiences and opportunities to build off of as well. I challenge you to jump back in and find some joy in this week. If you feel up to it, comment or message me about it, I would love to hear about it! (Don't worry, I'm challenging myself as well!) God bless!

"The ear that listens to life-giving reproof will dwell among the wise. Whoever ignores instruction despises himself, but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence." Proverbs 15: 31-32


No comments:

Post a Comment