Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day Three: Get down, and get funky

Do you ever have those days where you just hate everything? Yes, I know, this post does not have much to do with joy, but do not worry, I'll try to turn it around somehow! So, yesterday I was in a pretty good mood most of the day. I had work but got to leave for a little to take my choir picture, and then at night we played an intramural volleyball. Sounds like a pretty nice day, right? But, little things started to get to me. Sometimes people get really competitive when it is just a game for fun. I was trying to have a positive attitude throughout the games, but toward the end I just kind of gave up. And from that point on I was just in this weird "funk" (that is what I call it anyway). It is like everything bothers you, you realize all the situations going on in your life are just stupid, and you are just done. But do not worry, everybody, I am so much better today! This morning in class we watched the "What does the fox say?" video, just starting out the day on a great note. If you have not seen that video yet, I will warn you that it is ridiculous, but I think everyone should watch it at least once. I would put it up with this post, but I do not want that associated with my blog necessarily. Anyway, sorry that this is such a scatterbrained post. This is how my mind works some days. The point is that we all get in those moods, I am pretty sure. If you say that you do not, you are lying. Sometimes the littlest thing will set you off. All I can tell you is sometimes you just need to take a step back, maybe take some time just for yourself, and work through the mood. (Hint- God is a pretty great problem solver, talk to Him) Afterward, surround yourself with a few good friends and just get your mind off of other situations. I have found, for myself, that other people bring the most joy.
So, if you get into one of those moods, just separate yourself from situations, friends, homework, and just go somewhere peaceful and think and talk with God. Reading the bible really helps me, especially the Psalms or Ephesians. And if any of you ever need someone to talk about it with, I have been told I am a good listener. So on that note, I will leave you with this:

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Happy third day of Joy(e)!

No comments:

Post a Comment