Monday, October 14, 2013

Day Thirteen: The mountains and the valleys

Some of you may have noticed that I changed the background on this blog lately. I thought I would change it to something more along the theme of the month for me, so I changed it to mountains. Mountains and valleys, that is what life seems to consist of these days. Oh, it is not sad, though. Don't worry, I've learned to pick myself right back up again, even if it means showing a fake smile every once in a while. It gets me closer to the top of the mountain sometimes.
But this weekend? This weekend I have fallen pretty deep into the valley. With midterms coming up, I am already stressed enough, especially after the week I just had. But, to top it all off, I lost a very dear friend of mine, one of my best friends from high school to arrogance, ignorance, and refusal to admit that something is actually wrong with them. How do you think it feels to be told that someone hates, despises, and wants to completely erase the existence of the person they become when they are around you? Well let me tell you, it is pretty much like being sucker punched in the gut and then stabbed in the heart. Oh, it hurt. But, after fighting, for what seems like years, to keep this friendship, I realized that I lost a long time ago. I just need to come to terms with it. And I will, soon. How could I not with all the amazing friends I have here. This situation just really helped me to realize the amazing friends I have, especially this year.
 I never usually do this, but I am going to mention who I consider like my guardian angel. My friend, Emily. She lives across the hall and we have grown so close this year. She is such an amazing woman of God. I am so overjoyed that He put her in my life to get me through the valleys I have been stuck in just this past month or two. She is such a blessing. Don't get me wrong, though, my other friends here have helped as well, even if they don't know the situation.
So, in the end, I realized that sometimes you have to lose something you hold pretty close to see the amazing things right in front of you. God knows what He is doing and when everything is going to happen. Even if you sit there and think that it is not supposed to happen like this or that you know that you are meant to help this friend more, trust that God is pulling you away from this situation for a reason.

"Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that he power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12: 8-9

God's blessing on your weeks. Trust in God and pray without ceasing!

No comments:

Post a Comment