Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day eight: Joy in Tests?

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:2-3

My roommate handed me this slip of paper she found today, and this verse was written on it. My first thought was, "joy? with trials? I don't think so". But it is true. When you really think about it, God puts you through these trials for a reason. He puts you through them to teach you a lesson or to make you stronger. He tests our faith because He loves us, and He wants to make us better people.
Now, I am not a big fan of tests. I never have been. And I have one tomorrow, so this verse could not have come at a better time. So, I think I will take this in both the figurative and the literal way. Take joy in the tests that God gives you in life, He is doing it because He loves you, and it will help in the long run. And if you have a literal test, as in for school, like I do, than take some joy in it because I am sure that something good will come out of it. At least you will have that knowledge for a while, which could help you in a different situation. It just goes to show that even the bad or annoying things in life have purpose, and you should not just blow them of with a negative attitude. But now I have to get back to studying. God's blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment