Friday, October 11, 2013

Day Ten: Hit over the head with Jesus

I have a great resource on my hands here at my school. We have chapel every morning at 9:30, with no classes scheduled then so you have the option to go every day. There is a message, or sermon, given each day by one of our theology professors/ pastors. It is a great time to take a break from classes and start your day out in the word and singing a wonderful hymn with your fellow classmates.

Now I have a question for you. Have you ever had one of those times where someone says the perfect thing. You were struggling with something, or really stressed and then someone comes up to you and just tells you exactly what you need to hear. It is like they just hit you over the head with reality. Well, that is what happened to me today, and it is not the first time either. We all might know that all we need is God, but sometimes we need a little reminder that that is ALL we need. 

So, this is me, figuratively hitting you over the head with Christ. I cannot do it in person because I think that would be considered assault to more than one party. Not to mention I do not even know half of you. But I hope that this can be some encouragement to you to trust God with everything because He is all we need. Especially to those of you going through a hard time, or like all my classmates who are going through midterm tests right now; give it all to God.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

No comments:

Post a Comment