Sunday, July 26, 2015

New Chapters, New Me

For those of you who knew me in the past year, or read a lot of my blog, you know that the last year has been a whirlwind of emotions and new adventures, some good, some bad. I know that God had it all planned for a reason and I had the experiences I had for good reason. It is in my sinful nature, though, to question it all and wonder why some of it had to happen. There are quite a few instances that I could have done without, but I try to remember that it is all in God's plan. One of my friend's said that figuring out God's plan is like trying to put together a Rubik's cube. Granted, a Rubik's cube may eventually get soled, but for a lot of people it is just pointless to figure out because it's very complex. Keeps us on our toes though!
I know I haven't written in a while. There has been so much going on in life and in this country. I've wanted to write about it all but I felt like I couldn't do it justice. I have, however, written in my personal journal about it. And while writing in there I was looking back on everything I've written in the past year and a half since I got it. So I decided last week that I was going to start a new chapter.
A new chapter in there, a new chapter on here, a new chapter in life.

"Repent, therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out." Acts 3:19

Not that I imagine anyone who reads this really cares, but I thought I would put it out there. My own personal way of finding the joy in my life is to get rid of the things that just bring me down, which was half the people I met last year. Bad decisions were made, mistakes happened, and there's no going back on all of that. I think everyone has had these times in their lives. And we also all get to a point where we draw a line and keep the past in the past, not letting it anywhere near our future. I have reached that point. As far as I am concerned, I have my senior year of college to look forward to and that's it. Whatever happens happens, but the people and experiences from last year that caused me heartache or stress, the situations that caused me to hurt others, those are all gone. The new chapter has begun and with God as my author, I know that it is going to be an amazing next year.

Here's to really putting my trust in God and finding the joy He has in store for me in the next year, and beyond!

"I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment