Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Connections

Over two years ago I wrote something about how this town I grew up isn't actually all that bad. I wanted to just drive around and relive good memories, even some that weren't all that great because at this point I can laugh at them and I understand the lessons that were learned from it. I think I've hit a point in my life where those memories have pretty much fizzled out. There are new memories in my mind now, new mistakes that I would rather forget, new experiences I would have preferred to not have. It's all in God's plan, of course, and I believe that I needed to have those experiences and make those mistakes to get to where I am today. And where I am today is a pretty happy place.

Mistakes have been made, by many, in this past year. I met a lot of people that I might initially wish I hadn't, but they were put into my life for a reason. I find myself wondering if other people think about these paths like I do. It's amazing to think about how if you hadn't met this one person, or moved to this one place, or even just visited somewhere, your life could be completely different. It's incredible to think about how it is all connected; how He has entwined it all. Not only that God has planned it all out, but that He even did it before you were created. He knew all of this from the very beginning. Not just the beginning of your life, but from the beginning OF life. Talk about having connections. The big guy upstairs has got you, trust Him. He really does know what is best for you, He knows what's going to happen and He wants to protect you. He loves each and every one of us. I know that that little tid bit can be forgotten pretty easily.

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither life nor death, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39

It doesn't matter what mistakes we have made or how grave we think our sins are. Repent and ask Christ for forgiveness, you will receive it.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son. That whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him." John 3:16-17

This world is turning into a place that turns away from Christ and praises sins. But what joy, true joy, can you find in a life where there is no Christ? He loves us and He sent His son to save us from eternal damnation. You want a good connection for something that really matters, like your life, try trusting His plan. It'll be worth it, believe me.

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ- by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment