Friday, March 29, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Crazy

If gas wasn't so expensive, I would drive all around this town; to all the good places, the good memories, and even some of the bad ones too. There comes a point when you realize that most of your bad memories started with something good, and then something went wrong. In some cases, terribly wrong. Nonetheless, you can go to those places where memories were made, and if you sit there long enough, the good parts will come back to you. They always do, and sometimes, that may not be such a bad thing.

You see, 8 months ago I was absolutely ready to wipe the dust of this not so small town off of my feet and get far far away. Why? Because I was tired of seeing all the places that had bad connotations with them, I was tired of seeing people who reminded me of bad times, and I was tired of seeing places that reminded me of people and bad times. I wanted a fresh start, a clean slate, and to go somewhere where no one had any expectations for me because they didn't know my past, they didn't know the mistakes I had made.

But, here I am, 8 months later at spring break, and I am slowly realizing that in some ways, this town, the places, the people, the memories; maybe they aren't all that bad. Maybe my mind was clouded by all of the things I thought were bad memories, but now that I have had some time to clear my head, away from here, I've realized the importance of all the mistakes I made, and the mistakes that were made involving me. I've realized that once I looked back on things, I was able to see that there was a lesson learned there, whether I saw it before or not, and that is going to affect how I go through life, regardless. So, if I had the resources, I would drive around, remembering all of the good, the bad, and the crazy because they are what made me into the woman I am today. The woman who, 8 months ago, couldn't wait to get away from this town, and now, is taking more pride in this town and what it offered me while I was here.

God showed me that I need to appreciate what I have, while I have it, ultimately leading to joy in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment