Friday, May 30, 2014

Everything You're Not

We can spend all the time in the world trying to become something that God did not make us to be. Sometimes I wish that I was an impeccable artist who could express myself in everything I drew, drawing out my feelings with all of these hidden messages inside. Sometimes I wish I was a better writer, because I know that most of the time this is just my own rambling, and I could convey everything I am really thinking about a specific topic. I wish I was more brave to write about something I am passionate about and not afraid to put it out there for the whole world to see. I wish I did not care so much about how people would react to certain situations or conversations, and therefore avoided them like the plague. 

All of these "I wish"s do not do me any good, though, and I know that. But sometimes it is nice to dream that things could be different. And this makes it sound like I have a terrible home life but that is not the case at all. My home life is great and I love my family. But, being the youngest of 5 children, and having moved away from home already, I feel like being away is just what I do. I'll always be the one traveling or living in another state. But maybe that is just what God has in store for me. Maybe that is what God made me to do. I want to make a difference in this world, and maybe (ironically) Texas is too small of a place to do that. And maybe it's not. I don't know God's plan for me, but I trust that He will bless every decision I make and every home that I create, no matter how many.Because my home could be in Texas, it could be in Missouri, or it could even be in Alaska. Wherever the Lord takes me, I pray I will follow willingly because He made me for a specific cause and He is going to take me where I am needed (and hopefully wanted, too).

"He has made everything beautiful in its time.Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment