Monday, April 21, 2014

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

Love has been on my mind a lot lately, not because I am IN love or anything but just because I am 20 years old and according to society, you know, I should probably start thinking about getting married. Not to mention everyone and their mom (literally, that's not just an expression) has been trying to set me and this guy up for a couple of weeks now. And I would be fine with the match, if everyone would just mind butting out of the situation. We are both adults and we both need to be ready for a relationship. We can handle it ourselves. And by that I mean, God knows what is going to happen with us, and He will make it happen if it is meant to be. He is in control.

Patience. Patience is the hardest thing right now because of all the change coming up. I am flipping my life completely around, transferring school and having an internship in a different state this summer. Now that I have made all of these decisions I just want to get to the new parts of my life. But I have to remember that God knows what he is doing and there are things for me to still do before I get to the new parts. He has a reason for everything that He does, and I often forget that that is the case. I find myself complaining and looking for a way out more often than I should.

"Teach us, O Lord, the disciplines of patience, for to wait is often harder than to work." - Peter Marshall

Have patience for love, have patience for God's plans to be revealed, have patience for the best to work out because God will make good out of every situation. Trials, tribulations, yes we will have them, but pray and trust that God will work it out as He always does.Through Patience you will find the joy in life.
Also, as just a side note, keep out of other peoples lives, they can handle it or they will come to you.

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment