Sunday, February 27, 2011

Don't Worry, be happy now!

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34

One of my favorite verses, it has really helped me the past few weeks. The time has come in our school year for us to be picking our classes for next year. For the past few weeks I have been so stressed and worried about my senior year and what classes to take that will help me prepare for my future career. Do i do AP?, dual-credit(college courses)? Can we afford these classes and tests? Before I knew it, I found myself looking at tons of college stuff and majors and minors, along with all my school work from this year, my junior year in high school. All of the sudden I just sat there and thought, "I don't need to be thinking about all of this just yet, I've got time, right?" Well, being the person I am, I still felt like I need to be deciding everything right at this very moment. I still have a year and a half till college but one thing keeps leading to another and I find myself researching colleges and what majors and classes to take. After a bible study on trusting in God and a Sunday school class on not worrying, I realized that I have been going about this all wrong. I need to remember that God has a plan for me and I need to trust that he will take care of me and get me to where I need to be, when I need to be there. God loves us, and will always take care of us. Even if it seems like He is not there and you are all alone in this stress, you are not, and He is always there leading you along the path he has made for you.

Now, things might not always turn out the way we want them, but we need to just take every day, one day at a time and put our trust in God. God will provide. As the one hit wonder, Bobby McFerrin  sings to us:

"Don't worry be happy 
In every life we have some trouble 
When you worry you make it double 
Don't worry, be happy"


So if you find yourself being overwhelmed with to many worries of the future, just take a step back and pray that God will help you through this and give you the wisdom to know what to day. I encourage you to "find the Joye in life", and let tomorrow worry about itself. Wow, that was a long post but I felt that around this time people may need to hear that. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. You make me proud, kiddo. :)
    You're a rather insightful gal, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete