Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Surprise!

My dad turned 60 last Wednesday. I know, crazy, he certainly does not look it. So, this past weekend I tried to surprise him, but due to some unforeseen circumstances and my father's curiosity, he figured it out by Saturday morning when I came to the house. Nonetheless, I sufficiently surprised my mom and my one sister who did not know I was coming, which made up for it. They had absolutely no clue it was even possible for me to come home, so there were plenty of tears going around.
And the surprises did not stop there!
 The 5 of us kids had contacted basically everyone that my dad has ever known and asked them to write some kind of story or memory they had with my dad. Man, did we get some great responses. That man has touched so many lives in so many ways. He has been and still is a strong christian man. So, Saturday night, the 5 of us took my parents out for dinner and then went home to present the gift in a treasure chest.


 3 hours, about 100 tissues, and 7 tear-stained faces later, he got through them all. Not only has my dad been a blessing to our lives, but he has touched basically every life he has come in contact with and been a blessing to each and every one. I am proud to call him my dad. I hope some day I can touch lives like that. I love you, dad.

"Blessed is the one who considers the poor! In the day of trouble the Lord delivers him." Psalm 41:1

No comments:

Post a Comment