Wednesday, June 13, 2012

~Don't Forget to remember me~

Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'"

So, we did it! Graduates of 2012, we made it. I know I am a few weeks late, but here it is. We worked so hard to get here. 12 years of school, working our bottoms off till the very end(well, some of us), and what for? College. Our future. We worked so hard to get to what we finally want to do. We are headed off to college in the fall, most of us leaving the dust of these little towns behind us, or so we would like to think. As much as we are ready to move on to the next chapter in our lives, we want some characters to remain in this next chapter. Haven't any of you thought, "what if I'm gone so long that they don't remember me when I come home?"? I, personally, have thought about that because of my little niece and nephews that I am leaving behind. What if they don't recognize me when I come home? For my senior recital in May I sang Carrie Underwood's "Don't Forget to Remember Me", and let's just say my mom, along with all of my sisters were touched, a lot. Judging by their reactions, I can imagine I won't be forgotten very easily, but I do encourage you to make your mark and take your time with your family seriously before you leave for college. Friends will come and go, and those that matter will not forget, but family is always there, and will always remember, no matter what. God's plans are not to harm you, but to make you prosper and to give you hope and a future. He is going to use those in your life now to help with those plans, so put all of your trust in the ONE true God, and I guarantee you will find the 'Joye' in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment