Saturday, April 16, 2011

~You've got a friend in me~

    Those of you who are older siblings, have you ever thought about the fact that most of what you do is probably influencing your younger sibling(s)? Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, they look up to you for advice and guidance because to them, you've been there before? If you haven't thought about these things before, maybe you should start.
    Being a younger sibling myself, I look up to each and every one of my siblings for help when I'm having a problem, even if they don't know it. I care about their opinions and I watch what they do so that I don't mess up.   Someone once told me that, "I learn from my siblings mistakes," and I absolutely agree. Not that my siblings make a lot of mistakes, but, if there are mistakes to be made, they generally make them first, and then I realize that I shouldn't do that. To me, having a lot of siblings is a blessing, most of the time anyways. When we were younger, there was always someone to play with, and now that we are older, there is always someone to go to if I need help. I love my siblings, but sometimes I don't think they realize how much they are looked up to. So, I challenge you, if you are an older sibling of someone, to make a difference in their life and remember that anything you do, they could be watching and learning. Remember that they look up to you, and they follow you, so don't lead them astray just to get what you want. And remember, no matter what, you are always siblings, but you should try to always be friends. Help them find the joy in life, just like you have.

1 comment: