- 6:30 AM- get to Madison airport after our flight to Chicago was canceled, and tried to get on a flight to Dallas, which was also canceled that morning.
- 7:20 AM- We took a bus for 2 hours to Chicago, where we were, or thought we were, guaranteed a way home.
- 11:00 AM(approx.)- Attempt to get on a flight to Arkansas, where we were told we had seats, but while we were waiting, the flight filled up, and we were bumped off that plane.
- 12:15 PM- We were trying a flight to Tulsa, Oklahoma, that would then take us to Dallas from there, but the flight was delayed an hour, to 1:15, and if we had gone on that flight, we would not have made our connection to Dallas.
- 1:20 PM- Got on a plane, finally, to Oklahoma City, where we would then connect to Dallas.
- 3:45 PM- after landing in Oklahoma City just an hour earlier, we got on our last plane of the day, to good old Dallas, Texas.
- 5:00 PM- after an entire day of traveling, we landed back in Texas, safe and sound, just in time to celebrate the New year with our friends and family.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Joye to the world
Seeing as it is only about a week and a half after Christmas, i thought that would be an appropriate title. This is my very first blog entry, so bear with me. Now, I am not as good as my oldest sister, but she was my inspiration and some day I want to be as good of a writer as she is. The idea for this blog really came from my dad. We had a crazy adventure trying to get from Wisconsin this past week. It was so crazy that he said "Someone should write this down so we never forget it." So, here I am. Last Friday, our day went as so: