Monday, May 2, 2016

~ Being the Future Mrs.~



That's right blogging world, it finally happened. On April 17th, the love of my life took me to the place we had our first date, got down on one knee, and asked me to be his for the rest of our lives. And I said YES! I am beyond excited to start this next adventure with him! I'll let you in on a little secret, though: we have only been dating for 5 months and only known each other about that long, too. Yes, yes, I know, trust me, whatever you are probably thinking, we've heard it all already. Many people are very concerned that we are rushing into things or that we need to see each other through more seasons of life. Honestly, everyone's situations are different. People seem to judge seasons of life by time. Sometimes, hardships come all in one fell swoop. Unfortunately, we have had some hardships in the time of our dating. The good thing is that we've been able to see each other through those situations and to see how each person handles it. We've also been able to be that support that each of us needs. I am finishing up my senior semester of college, so he has definitely seen how I handle stress. He's seen me cry and he's seen me hit a wall that I think I can't come back from. I have broken down on him multiple times because graduating and heading for the real world is scary. And he has been by my side through it all, always reminding me that we can get through anything. "You, me, and God" he always says. And he is right. I don't know how I got so lucky to find a man who is constantly leading me back to Christ and who supports me in everything I do, even when I have no idea what I am doing. I only hope I have been able to do the same for him. So, you see? Yes, we have only known each other for 5 and a half months, but in that time we have both grown so much, and grown together so much. We have made the decision to love each other through everything. I honestly believe that when you know, you know. Other people don't get to tell you that you are rushing into things or that you are too young. We are two 22 year olds who have found the one whom our souls love. We know we want to spend the rest of our lives together, so why wait a year or more to start that adventure together? 

You know what another cool thing is? He comes from a family of 8 kids, and I come from a family of 5, both of which have more now because of in-laws. So we both understand the craziness of family get togethers, and are completely okay with it! I am so excited to be gaining more family members. Come November, I will have technically 7 more sisters and 3 new brothers (counting the in-laws)! Family is super exciting, and we are really excited to become one in November! 

I know that it has been a long road to get to this point, for both of us. I was definitely getting to a point where I wasn't sure how life was going to end up for me as far as relationships, and I was okay with that. As soon as I finally let go of trying to control my life and how it was going to go, Jordan stepped in. God has always had this in his hands, and will continue to, we know that full well. As long as we have each other and God, we know that we can withstand anything that life throws at us. 

 "I lift up my eyes to the mountains. From where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you— the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."
Psalm 121

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another." 
Romans 12:9-16



No comments:

Post a Comment