Monday, August 19, 2013

Let's start over

I know it's been a while since I've written anything. The summer was so busy that I barely had time to get all my thoughts together in a blog post, while using the "sophisticated" vocabulary I wanted to, and all that jazz. I could tell you all about what has been going on in my life but, if any of you know me at all, you know that I do not really like writing about that kind of stuff in this blog, but since it's the beginning of a new school year again, I guess I can take a little time to tell you about the new things going on. After all,  It's like we are starting all over.
My summer was crazy busy with 2 summer jobs and a lot of trips around the U.S for weddings and a family reunion. I was so fortunate to get to go and try all these new things. At our family reunion we went zip-lining and white water rafting, and they were both a blast! And it was such a blessing to get to do that with my awesome family! On another note, it was great being home for 3 months with my family and friends, and I'm going to miss it, but it's time, and I'm ready, to get back to another year in the Arctic. (But seriously, though, its freezing up here!)
I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me this year. He has blessed me with some great opportunities for this year, especially to be involved with campus ministry, and I know He will guide me through it. If you're the praying kind, which I'm guessing if you're still reading my blog at this point that you are, then your prayers would be very appreciated! I really am trying to make it a point to write more, it's like my outlet for anything that comes up in my life that's bothering me or if I think the lessons I've learned from my experiences could benefit someone else.
So, until next time, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later, God's blessings and I will leave you with a bible verse that I think goes with this year pretty well. (and it's also just my favorite verse)

Philippians 4: 6, 13
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God...  I can do all things through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment