Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wuv, Twu Wuv

"Love is in the air" , True love, "Love at first sight",  We've all heard the terms before, but does anyone really know what that last one means? Has anyone ever felt "Love at first sight"? Now, I know we all have that celebrity crush that we say we are going to marry and we believe that we've loved them from the first sight, but that's not exactly what I mean. TRUE love a first sight, what does it mean? Does it actually exist? And can it actually work? I'm not exactly professional in the area of love, but someone asked me to write on this topic, so I am going to do my best.
Now, the girl who asked me to write on this said this, "I was wondering if you have ever met a guy, and it just took a couple hours of being with him to know that he is the one for you." I will say, I have actually felt this way, but soon enough, reality checks in and you have to realize that in those few hours, you still don't know nearly enough about each other to really call it love. True love does exist, don't get me wrong. Honestly, it's not necessarily all up to you. As I said in my last post, God knows who you are going to fall in love with, He has it all planned out, you just have to trust Him. Also, it sometimes can be easy to confuse "love" at first sight with "lust". Remember, it is not all about the looks, but I know, the looks do play a significant part in it. There may be a wonderful initial feeling, but you can't really love until you know someone. You've got to think, do you love them just for the outside, or for the inside as well? I guess the point I am trying to make is that true love exists, but love at first sight may be slightly unrealistic. Just trust in God, and He will bring you to your significant other, which will, in turn, bring you joy in your life.
To finish this off here is a video of spoken word by Sarah Kay and Phil Kaye called "When Love Arrives". Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment